Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm sitting in my room while my kids are at lunch...so thankful for a few minutes of peaceful solitude. We haven't even had our party yet, but my kids are out of control! They are so very excited about Valentine's Day. Kids get excited for any holiday...but for some reason, this seems to be their favorite day of the year. Our school sells and delivers carnations today...so every few minutes a student delivers a handful of carnations and the kids go nuts hoping they'll be for them. This is also the only day in the year that parents are allowed to send flowers, balloons, gifts, etc. for their kids. So you can imagine that some parents go all out... I have kids that have balloons, candy, bears and flowers lined up by their desks. And then some kids don't get anything. I hate that!! I make sure each kid at least has one carnation... But one pitiful carnation doesn't compare to a huge singing teddy bear and balloons. The kids have to learn a hard lesson today...life's not always fair.

And of course today was the day that a college student came to observe our class all morning. I apologized several times... She was really sweet and I saw her laughing several times throughout the morning... But I don't think she saw what she came to observe today. Mostly she just heard me saying again and again... "Let's all find our seats" (as they go rushing across the room to see what's being delivered)... "We don't need to yell across the room" (they may be small, but they can yell)... "It's not time to roll around on the floor." I've really had several kids rolling on the floor and under the desks for some odd reason. As you can see...my class has been overcome by Valentine Fever. The party should be fun...

3 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

diabetic coma....from all the sugar! 15 more minutes of this! Valentine's Day is crrrraaazyyyy! I feel your pain Jenna!

Kate said...

Sounds like an exciting and eventful Valentine's in Mrs. Cope's class! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Leah said...

We did our party last Friday. PTO sells M&M's. Some kids would have 10 packs of M&M's in their Valentine's boxes. Mrs. Mercer had 15 bags. I sent them home with Michael. :)