Thursday, April 06, 2006

My mom told me I needed to post tonight...and I always do what my mother says...

I meant to post several weeks ago about my wonderful Spring Break...but I think I was sad when my mom and sister left, that I didn't feel like posting. But yes, we did have so much fun over spring break. They came and helped me clean out my closets, hang curtains, plant flowers, go to Target, watch movies, eat chocolate cake...and so much more. Cleaning out closets might not seem like a fun spring break, but I really do think this was one of the best spring breaks ever... I'm ready for them to come back...my clothes in my closet aren't exactly color-coordinated anymore. Jordan would be so disappointed.

Matt's been busy with his rotations now... He's enjoying being in the hospital so much more than sitting in a classroom. Right now he's up at the hospital working an on-call night for his general surgery rotation. Everyone keeps asking what kind of doctor he wants to be...and I don't think he's sure yet. But I think he has ruled out surgery...too many long hours. And I agree with that decision...

School is flying by...I don't feel like my kids are ready to go to 3rd grade yet. I'm always scared that my kids will move onto 3rd grade, and about halfway through the year, the 3rd grade teachers will have a meeting to talk about kids that are struggling and so far behind...and shouldn't be in 3rd grade...and then they'll talk some more and figure out that all 20 of those kids came from my 2nd grade class. It's silly, I know. Matt's new favorite word is "relaja"... I don't know if I spelled that correctly. But basically it's "relax" in Spanish. It drives me crazy when he says it...but it's probably true. I stress and worry about things that I shouldn't... I need to learn to "relaja"...

I wanted to post pictures...but blogger is being weird... I'll try later. Click on Hollie Lyn's blog if you want to see hilarious and precious pictures of my niece...

7 comments:

jocelyn said...

Jenna,

Good to see you posted again! I agree with you--a week of cleaning out closets with your sister and mom sounds like a great break to me!

We're so proud of Matt and his smartsie doctor skills. I hope he finds a specialty that he really loves and is passionate about...

Love you, cuz!
Joci

Kate said...

Jenna,

Your mom was right, and I'm glad you listened to her! Jordan told me she convinced you to get rid of some clothes you still had since high school. That's what sisters are for! I hope I can see your apartment this summer. It sounds very cute! Hope you have a great Friday!!

Kenli Shea said...

I knew you were referring to my comment on your blog, you crack me up. That bothered you that much to change it and explain it. I love you girl. Glad you posted. Get that closet back to color scheme.

Terri said...

Jenna,

I have been reading your blog a couple of months now. I think I got to it through Jocelyn's (whom I don't know personally either) but I wanted you to know I enjoy your writing. I live in Katy, outside of Houston and work at St. Luke's in the OR. Is Matt at Baylor? Just wondering so I could be watching out for him. Right now, I'm working Tue, Wed, Thur nights... TTYL

Anonymous said...

Jen Jen,
You're gonna have a heart attack when you see this ... I don't write, read, or obsess about blogs, but I love you. And, truthfully, mom said, "Comment on Jenna's blog. It will make her happy." And since I always do what MY mother says... I am.
I just wanted you to know that I'm not incredibly disappointed in your closet dysfunction, but mainly b/c I'm not surprised. If we're going to be honest, though, I owe all of my "professional organizer" tendencies to you. Thank you for all the times you bribed/tricked me into seeing how fast I could clean our room. It really worked out in the long run. See who got the last laugh now...
It was my favorite spring break ever as well. Even better than Washington D.C. in the 8th grade. And that's stiff competition. I love you precious sister!
Love your "aggravated" little sister,
Jor Jor

Leslie Hutchins said...

Hey Jenna!

I know what you mean about stressing. I stress all the time myself, and Brian is the one always telling me to take one day at a time. I am glad Matt is getting into the routine with his rotations. I have one more exam left, then have my boards late in June, and then will start on July 4th to be exact. They were actually like... don't plan on having the holiday because you will be in the hospital. I was like...such a good way to start out. I understand about the closet being color coordinated. I did the same with my closet, after Katrina to donate clothes, and also this past spring break. However, I still have a lot of old clothes I don't want to part with. You take care, tell Matt hello, and finish out the year on a good note. Your kids couldn't have a better teacher!

Kate said...

Jenna,
I'm so sorry you had a fainting experience! I hate needles and giving blood! You're going to be in Abilene??? Yeah! Call me!!