Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cold weather and baby names...

I just want everyone to know that I actually wore a coat to school yesterday. It was cold outside! I love cold weather... And that can be a sad thing when you live in Houston. We enjoyed 70-80 degree weather for most of November. So I'm hoping the cold weather (and by cold I mean cold for Houston...50 degrees) will stick around for awhile. I think I'm about to make hot chocolate and watch White Christmas...or Meet Me in St. Louis...or Elf...or some other wonderful Christmas movie.

I think we've finally decided on a name. We're about 98% sure her first name will be Reese. And probably 97% sure her middle name will be Kathryn. We both like the name a lot...I guess I'm just hesitant to decide on something 100%...I know that comes as a shock to most of you...that I'm indecisive. Reese is my maiden name, and Kathryn is my sister's middle name...named after my sweet aunt Kathy. We're not really talking about any other names...so maybe I should just be brave and say that her name will be "Reese Kathryn Cope".

And there are other hard decisions to make too...like what colors to do in the nursery...or what we should do with all of Matt's books and junk in our study. Our child might be sleeping in the hallway...or on top of a desk. We need to work on that.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

YEAH ! I love the names. I think they are perfect. I can totally see her now and it fits. As for the nursery "thing"....it sounds like a family work day to me. Let me know. Love from your other precious Aunt. Lynn

Unknown said...

I can't think of 2 more perfect names for such a special gift! You know, you'll get the nursery all done and you'll be wondering how you did it. But, just to make you feel better...according to my mother, I slept in a drawer taken out of a dresser when I was first born...and the paint on Christine's crib was drying on the patio on the day she was born.
You'll get it done.
Hugs...Mindy

Lauren said...

What a beautiful name!! Bennett Reese has always been my first choice for my baby boy, and my parents always kid me that I need to find a husband before I go off and start naming my children:) I cannot wait to meet this precious blessed little girl! You and Matt are going to be wonderful parents. Please know that you continue to be in my prayers.

Allison said...

It's a perfect name! I just love it. You having any showers in the DFW area???? Let me know so I can send something your way!

JG said...

OK, OK, I guess you win and get Reese! I'll forgive you if she's cute! We're still going to use it for our boy middle name if we ever have a boy, but I love it for your girl's name. Congratulations!

Kate said...

I love the name!! I can't wait to meet Reese Kathryn. I'm glad you're feeling well and able to enjoy some cooler weather!

jennifer said...

What a beautiful name! I am so happy for you and Matt!

JENNY said...

I love the name and can't wait to meet Reese Kathrine!! Chris and I could not be more excited for you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that Derran and I love the name! That is so precious! Reese Kathryn...she is going to be so beautiful and we look forward to her arrival. You guys are going to be amazing parents. We love you!