Wednesday, August 24, 2005

These first few weeks are harder and longer than I remembered! By the end of May you forget what the kids are like in August. I just have to remember...patience! It's a long (and rewarding) process! I've heard that you grow especially attached to your first class of kids. I can understand that! I see my old kids in the 3rd grade hall and wish they were still in my class! This is not to say that I don't love my new kids... I do. They're precious (most of the time). And I know I'll love them just as much by the end of the year. We've just got a lot of work to do!

Needless to say, I'm tired when I get home from school. I'm trying to go to bed earlier...but my sleeping habits are still a little out of whack. For example...yesterday morning I woke up and realized I was wearing my robe and a towel on my head...and my hair was wet. I had taken a shower in the middle of the night...while I was still asleep. I have no idea how I didn't wake up. Matt says he heard me get up but just assumed it was time for me to get ready. I have to get up an hour or two before him usually. This might be the craziest thing I've done in my sleep. I was hoping I used shampoo and washed my hair because I was too tired to take another shower that morning. My hair wasn't especially cute yesterday. I guess I'm not the best hair-washer in my sleep...go figure. Last night was better. I did wake up once thinking I was late for school. I hate that feeling! I started to run around, but Matt woke up and told me to go back to sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Jenna! That is so wierd. I had a really bad dream last night and I woke up, but not all the way. I was still worked up and finally Michael had to yell at me and I snapped right out of it. Man, what is this teaching doing to us??!!!
You really do miss your "first" class. And I miss my second bunch just as much. I am thinking this bunch may not work their way into my heart like my first ones...
Hang in there!

Kate said...

Jenna,
I wish I could figure out how you do it. If I could take a shower during the night without waking up, I could sleep 30 minutes later in the morning! I hope you have a restful sleep tonight, and don't wake up to find anything unusual in the morning. :)

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

It's okay Jenna. I am there with you.
My lamp ended up in bed with me this morning somehow. ! I LOVE IT! Hilarious!!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Jenna Lynn Jenna Lynn Jenna Lynn

I have enjoyed your blogs this week so much! Your first day of school sounds just something I would do. Now, I don't mean to scare you and make you think you are all the way like me. Bless Matt for taking such good care of you. Of course you had your clothes all laid out. I did too and we won't even discuss how many first days I have had! I love you a whole whole bunch. What lucky children to have Mrs. C for a teacher. Aunt Lynn