Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'm 14 weeks pregnant...and feeling great. I guess I have a few of the typical pregnancy complaints...tiredness, ability to cry at every commercial on TV, and strong aversions to certain smells. Several weeks ago we ate dinner with some friends...and Jenny showed up at the front door wearing a really amazing invention. It's called "The Pregnancy Belt"... It's quite handy...and hilarious. It's perfect to wear around the house...and you're able to solve every one of those pesky pregnancy problems... For example:

1. A can of febreeze helps fight strange smells coming from the apartment below. For awhile Matt and I were worried that our apartment smelled horrible...but then we realized our neighbors below like to cook with VERY strange spices. I usually have to go sit on the balcony when I smell something cooking below. I've never smelled anything like this before...gross.

2. A nice box of Kleenex... I've been crying at every movie I've seen in the past few months. I usually don't cry during movies. I knew it was bad when I started sobbing at the end of Apollo 13...it's a good movie, but I don't know why I was crying.

3. A huge bar of chocolate...this is great even when you're not pregnant.

4. And some anti-bacterial wipes... I can't remember how this helps with pregnancy...but these are always good to have around.

Thanks, Jenny and Chris! You two are quite the inventors...

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love the belt! I think you Chris and Jenny should start a new line just for maternity stores!

annalee said...

that belt is awesome! i am so glad you have friends there in houston to bring smiles to the emotional ups and downs of pregnancy! i was just thinking about you and hope all is well!

Lynn said...

I'll give you $10 for the chocolate bar.

Heather's House said...

LOVE the belt....I'll give you 10.95 for the chocolate.