Thursday, October 09, 2008

The last 3 weekends have been extra exciting . We've enjoyed visits from out-of-town family and friends... Living so far away from "home" makes these visits even more precious! We LOVED having Chris and Jenny in town for a few days in the middle of Sept... They are some of our favorite people in the world! And I really think Reese remembered them from all of our late nights together in Houston...she loved on Jenny (and gave Chris a few high-fives too). MiMi was in town the next weekend (Matt's mom), and Papa came the weekend after that. He made a quick visit after the Zoe conference in Nashville. And needless to say, Reese can't get enough of her grandparents.

Saturday morning trip to the Farmers' Market



Giving Jenny some sugar...

Reese gave her those kisses because Jenny let her play in the water. She's such a pushover.


Reese taking extra special care of our mums that the Thompsons left for a housewarming present... I love fall flowers!


Enjoying a nice hike through the forest... I especially like Reese's head poking out of the backpack.




Thankful that daddy finally let her out of that backpack.



So glad to see MiMi!

We took MiMi to our favorite museum.


And we were excited that daddy even had the day off and could join us at the museum!


Feeding the ducks with Papa.




Picking out a few treats at Barnes and Noble with Papa...the girl knows how to work the grandparents. We are now the proud owners of this Clifford backpack.

So who's next? We're ready for a few more visitors! We have a bed with your name on it... That was one of my conditions before moving to NC...a place for people to sleep...so they might actually enjoy their visit and want to come back again. And Reese is ready for more visitors... She's always sad when Monday rolls around and our company has gone home and she's stuck with me...and only me.



The bed with your name on it...which was so nicely painted by Pops...as was all the furniture in the room. Thanks, dad!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. We love the ones of our little Reese and her friends and parents and grandparents. They mean so much to us. Grandma and Papa

Lauren said...

I LOVE your guest room! I am a big black and white fan. I'm so glad you, Matt, and Reese have enjoyed having friends and family come stay. I know your entire house is just as warm, welcoming, and cozy. Hugs from Abilene. I sure do miss you!

Lori said...

ok, annalee has every one of those outfits!! gotta love some target! and the guest room is adorable.

Lynn said...

I told you....find the tickets. Nana said we are coming for sure! No Poppi.

Ashley said...

Me! Me! Me! I wanna come...I mean, I am your favorite cousin. :)

I could just tell BA its for a destination shoot. ha ha ha! I should totally give me his frequent flyer pass. :)

Love you! Give the Reesester some sugar from us! Oh, and Avery wants to go to that museum. She would love to pet the "pink"(pig) ha!

Heather's House said...

I think I should be the next visitor! We really know who you love best...{{ahem}}. :)
I think all the fam needs to come up to see you. Nana can drive...we know she can handle it, right? But, I call dibs on the bed.

Love you.

Leah said...

I want to come!!! I miss you guys. Are you guys going to be able to come for homecoming?

Kate said...

Your guest room looks so cute! Makes me want to visit you there...hopefully I can sometime!